Terms & Conditions of Booking
Last updated: April 28, 2021
1. Level of Fitness:
We will discuss with you the required fitness level for the booking you wish to make.
Once we receive your enquiry form we will contact you to discuss what you want to get out of your experience with us. Thereafter, we will send you a private link to our online booking form for you to complete your booking.
Your booking is deemed to be confirmed when we receive payment.
Balance payments must be paid in full by the specified date.
4. Cancellation on your part:
- More than 30 days before your course date we will give a full refund.
- Within 30 days of your course date we will refund 50% of the full fee.
- Within 7 days of your course date there will be no refund.
- We do recommend that you check your policies or take out insurance to cover the cost of cancellation of trips.
- If cancellation occurs due to travel restrictions or Government advice arising from Covid-19 you will be given the choice of cancelling the booking or rearranging for another date.
5. Cancellation on our part:
- If we consider that the weather conditions will make your activity unsafe we may cancel at short notice if we can’t find a suitable alternative location. You will be offered a full refund or the choice to book alternative dates. In most circumstances it will be the wind strength that causes a cancellation, we won’t cancel due to rain. We will endeavour to contact you with as much notice of any cancellation due to weather as forecasts are usually accurate about 2 days ahead.
- We may have to cancel a course due to COVID-19 based on Government restrictions and Scottish Canoe Association guidance.
- If we have to cancel your booking due to the above two reasons we will either give you a full refund or the opportunity to rebook on another day.
- If we do not receive your required booking details by 8.00am on the day of your experience your place will be cancelled and you will not receive a refund.
6. Expeditions Courses – Cancellation on your part:
- More than 56 days prior to the expedition departure date you will only be charged your deposit
- Between 56 and 30 days of the expedition departure date you will be charged 50% of the expedition cost per person
- Between 30 and 14 days you will be charged 75% of the expedition cost
- If less than 14 days before the start of the expedition you must pay the full cost. We may consider allowing the transfer of your payment onto another of our courses, if considered appropriate.
Note: We appreciate that wholly unforeseen events may result in cancellation. In view of the above and for your peace of mind we therefore strongly advise you to take out appropriate accident and cancellation insurance at the time of your booking.
7. Outer Hebrides & Small Isles Expeditions – Cancellation on our part:
If owing to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot provide the expedition booked or a suitable alternative, we will refund all money paid to us in full, and you will have no further claim against us. In this instance we are not liable for any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as travel tickets (flight, rail etc.), travel insurance etc.
8. Instructor Insurance:
All our instructors are members of the Scottish Canoe Association and are covered for Third Party Coaching indemnity and Public Liability Insurance to the value of £10,000,000.
9. Participant Insurance:
Course participants are responsible for arranging their own insurance cover before engaging in any sporting activity to ensure that if meets their requirements. We strongly advise you to take out appropriate accident and cancellation insurance at the time of your booking.
The outdoor environment is not without its inherent risks which we are unable to control. By participating in outdoor activities you must accept a certain level of personal responsibility for your actions. Our instructors are here to look after and guide you, however incidents can occur that are outside of their control. We recommend that you have personal insurance to cover personal accident, loss of belongings or money, and personal liability. People under 18 years must be accompanied by parent or guardian
11. Data Protection:
You will also be asked at the time of booking if you consent to the taking of photographs for promotional purposes, these will be offered to you as a memento of your day. You can withdraw consent for us to store and use your image at any time after giving consent.